The History of
Beaches Episcopal School was founded as an independent school in 1952. That year, the Vestry and Rector, Fr. Edward Harrison, of St. Paul's by-the-Sea Episcopal Church established a 4-year-old pre-kindergarten and 5-year-old kindergarten as an outreach into the parish and community. It was decided in 1957, under the leadership of Fr. Robert Parks and the Vestry, to establish a parish day school, originally named St. Paul's by-the-Sea Episcopal Day School, to serve pre-kindergarten through sixth-grade students.
Beaches Episcopal School
During the next thirty-five years, six more Heads of School (principals) shared their special gifts that enabled the school to stretch and grow and reach farther into the beaches community and to become one of Jacksonville’s top independent elementary schools. The outstanding loyalty, support, and talent of the faculty, staff, and parents has been and continues to be, recognized throughout the parish and community.