Why am I asked for a donation when I already pay tuition?

Tuition payments cover only about 87% of the annual operating budget for the school, leaving a gap of about 13% that is made up through voluntary contributions from parents, grandparents, school staff and faculty, members of the church vestry, alums and matching gifts from outside organizations.

How will my gift be used?

The Starfish Fund this year will be used for professional development, technology upgrades, classroom supplies, curriculum, special programs and general operating expenses. All donations are tax deductible and Beaches Episcopal School is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Tax ID # 59-7065911. We recommend that you discuss with your tax advisor any and all donations.

How will my gift be acknowledged?

You will receive a gift receipt in the form of a letter. Your name will be listed in our annual report, The Starfish News. If a donor chooses they may also remain anonymous or make a gift in honor of or in memory of someone special.

What is the deadline for making my gift?

The Starfish Fund Annual Campaign will run officially from October 1- December 31. However, we will accept pledges and gifts after this date.

Can I make a gift or pledge online?

A pledge card will be mailed to your home in September. You may also donate online to the Starfish Fund at www.BeachesEpiscopalschool.org/giving/donate-now

Can my company match gifts to Beaches Episcopal School?

Matching gifts are a wonderful opportunity for you to double your donation to the school. Traditionally matching gifts are made in the donor’s name matching up to 100% of a donation. Please check with your employer to see if they participate in this program.

Can I donate stock for my gift or pledge?

Yes, Beaches Episcopal does accept stock donations. The stock instructions are as follows: Beaches Episcopal School Foundation Trust-DTC #0164, Code 40 (Charles Schwab) Client name: Beaches Episcopal School Foundation, Account # 1255-4372. Please notify the Development office when making a stock donation or for questions.

Does Beaches Episcopal have a planned giving program?

Yes, there are several tax-advantaged ways to make a deferred or endowed gift to Beaches Episcopal School including bequests, life insurance, charitable remainder trusts (lead, unitrust or annuity) and charitable gift annuities among others. For more detailed information on planned giving, please consult an attorney or tax specialist. You may also contact the Development office for further help or instructions.

Making a difference

The Starfish Fund has made possible some of the following:

  • Professional development to the faculty and staff
  • Curriculum enhancements
  • Website programs that provide challenging and interactive learning
  • Unexpected needs and opportunities that enhance learning
  • Apple technology

Donate Now to the Starfish Fund Pledge Now to Our Starfish Fund

Interested in learning more?

Fill out our quick form and we would be happy to send you an Informational Packet and Application for Admission.